Saturday, August 27, 2011

SPECIAL EDITION! Keep the Adrenaline PUMPING!

"We saw you at Jaxx last night after working at 6 am, and no sleep then getting up at 5 am to get to work at 6 am again, with major hearing loss...I want to say every minute was worth it. This band is going places! Adrenaline Mob was the first concert I went into blind and enjoyed everything, every smack in the face, every push from people trying to record video. I want to personally thank you for coming to a small club and rocking it. This is the 4th time seeing you perform (once in Bristow, VA with YES, then Toronto, and then again at Bristow with Iron Maiden.) If anyone asks, I would definitely recommend this band, if you like metal, rock or even hard jazz, you guys cover the entire spectrum without crossing lines and coming off as "selling out" to a certain genre, and that is hard to find. I would love to see you guys again with one of the bands I have known Dream Theater to tour with. Again, thank you Adrenaline Mob for a great night of music, I really needed it" - My letter to Mike Portnoy on Thurs. August 18th after seeing Adrenaline Mob.
 
     The other week I was looking through my room and saw an old ticket stub, and thought nothing of it...just looked normal to me. But the next day I was on Facebook and saw that last year's post and saw that the old post was lyrics, and I picked up the ticket stub and saw "August 10th, 2010 Tom Petty and CSN." I thought "wow...it's been a year since I saw a show." Not a good thing for someone who likes to blog music. Anyway I get on the computer 2 days later and see a post on a band called Adrenaline Mob (Mike Portnoy of Dream Theater's new band.) I told my brother and my friend Jake (Shameless plug: His blog, a day in the life. Check it out on my subscriptions.) We decided we have to go, I bought Erik's ticket, and mine...Jake bought his, and Jake and I had lunch and hit the road, meeting Erik up art the club. Typical JAXX style the ticket said doors at 6:30, when we got there the bands started coming on...at 8:30.  Anyway, 1 band came on called Widow. I kinda liked them, and another band the girl had trouble keeping pitch and slammed the door in our face as we entered the bar area. Anyway, the supporting bands were OK, but as we got to A.M, the place was rockin'. Their songs were great considering I haven't heard any of them in completion before that night. Though I got slapped in the face by some dude's hair all night, it was a great show and I highly recommend it if you like metal, hard rock or even hard jazz. It fits a spectrum I have never heard before! So the year drought is over, I hope I can see more shows, and more shows like this at that!

     Sorry for being away so long, had an over extended business and I am going on vacation! I hope to come back from Canada with more music stories, and tales of interest. Until then keep hitting the HIGH NOTES!

No comments:

Post a Comment